There a few things that make a perfect summer: Baseball games, Grilling, Fireflies, A River, Porch Swings…the list goes on.
Nothing beats good summer cooking and this summer I’ve had a ton of time to play in the kitchen. So this week, I’ll be making some easy-breezy dishes for you to throw together.
My old roomies and I used to make this all the time…tastes like summertime.
Perfect Summer Squash
1 medium yellow onion
2 yellow squash
buterrrrrr (about 6 tablespoons)
salt & pepper
Here’s how ya do it:
- First, set the oven to 350 degrees.
- Next, wash and slice the squash and zucchini in equal, medium-thin slices.
- Then, slice the onion in rings.
- Want to know the trick on how to cut something round into rings? Cut a bit off of the side so it will lay flat on your cutting board.
- Cover your sheet pan with foil and lay the veggies evenly. (I use foil so I don’t dirty my pan. I hate doing dishes)
- Place pats of butter around the squash. Then sprinkle with salt and ALOT of pepper.
- Cover with foil and pinch to create a packet.
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes (check on it…it also depends on how thick you sliced your veggies)
Veggies should be tender and steaming 🙂
Stay tuned for some more recipes. This week, I’m a cooking machine. Want to come over for supper??